I’ve spent the entire day at the barn and all I’ve done on the boat is take the screws out of the panels I glued yesterday so I’m not booking any build time. The rest of the time I have spent trying to figure out how to rig the protective canopy over the work area. I thought it would be fairly straightforward but I underestimated how hard it would be figuring things out as I went and doing it all on my own. I discovered that 15m x 11m of polythene weighs quite a lot!. I used 32mm poly pipe with a rope running through it lashed to the barn roof joists to form a ridge, but my idea of using the same polypipe in hoops to lift and tension the canopy failed. I wasted a lot of time trying though. Tomorrow I will get some more rope and run extra lengths from the joists to try and take some weight. I have to get some tension into it somehow to prevent it flapping and flogging in the wind. The photos show what I’ve done today.
The rain finally stopped today but there is major flooding everywhere and more rain forecast….not good.