This morning saw another landmark in the project when we finally got the masts stepped. Everything went pretty smoothly and once I’d got the shrouds roughly lashed in place I was able to stand back and for the first time see ‘Gleda’ looking like a sailboat. I’ll probably wait until ‘Gleda’ floats again before I tighten the lashings properly and in the meantime I’ll just try and get used to the transformation these two bits of aluminium tube have made.
Incredibly it’s near enough six years to the day since those shiny tubes arrived in a big crate all the way from Canada, it’s been a long haul.
So moving on I’ve got running rigging, engine controls and steering linkages to think about now, there’s a way to go yet but we’re getting there.