Starboard Hull Stringers In
The clocks have gone forward, its now 6.30pm and the sun is shining! OK it may not be exactly warm but the worst must be over. Only one slight hiccup with the stringer work in that the epoxy warmer bulb had blown and the keg had cooled down making the epoxy a bit stiff, not really a problem for the gluing operation though. Having already go the temporary wire in place it was simply a case of wetting the areas with neat epoxy before following on with a filled adhesive mix and wiring everything into position. As with the port hull I found a couple of the stringers had quite a twist in them that the wire simply couldn’t pull out so I used a few screws to do the job. The photos also show my filled and sanded joint at the bow/ stringer end of the port hull. I felt this joint needed to be really strong and wasn’t happy with the way the joint pulled together, I figure this should do the job and it can be planed/sanded to the necessary shape when I come to fit the hull sheets.