Getting Into Gear Again
After two weeks in the doldrums due to weather, work and a social life I was keen to get things moving again this weekend. I really should stop complaining abut the weather here. Read Jacques’ comment to my previous ‘lost week’ post. I can cope with the typical damp, grey and cold we have now, but if you have the weather Jacques’ describes you can do nothing. Anyway I spent the bulk of the day cleaning up after the weather and making improvements to the workspace to avoid further problems. Importantly the backbones are fine, yes they got a bit wet but there is no damage. The first job I did was to lay a new floor onto polythene in the epoxy tent, the floor flooded in snow but that won’t happen again. This area is now 100% weatherproof and I can heat it if necessary. Secondly I repaired the damage to the building floor (the water had caused expansion of the chipboard), I made sure all the board joints were tight and then fixed chipboard butt straps to all the perimeter board joints which will stop any more movement. After a good sweep up I got the 9mm ply uncovered and laid out some boards ready to start drawing out the bulkheads. I finished the day by drawing out the first bulkhead No1. The brain needs to be in gear here, I am finding the plans a little difficult to follow so its slow and steady till I get the hang of it. I plan to draw and cut-out a complete set of bulkheads for one hull and then use them as templates to make the others. I would like to get them all drawn out tomorrow.