Boat Jumble Booty
It was a beautiful calm sunny day today, blue skies, singing birds, almost springlike and we made the most of it with a very enjoyable 45min drive through the countryside down towards Worcester to visit the West Midlands boat jumble.
Given the recent weather the organisers had sensibly set everything up inside an old hanger but to be honest it would have been far nicer wandering about outside today. There were some stalls where a torch would have come in handy!
I’d made a list of ‘needed’ items to look out for and promised myself to avoid impulse buys and I’m pleased to say I did OK.
Here’s my collection of booty;
- 1 Bilge Pump
- 2 Wooden Grab Handles
- 2 Rolls Neoprene Seal (For Hatches)
- 1 Box Paint Brushes
- 2 x Tufnol Jam Cleats
- 2 x Tufnol Jam Cleats with bullseye fairlead
- 1 x Tufnol Jam Cleat with swivel and fairlead
- 2 x Dinghy Wheels + Star Washers
- 3 x Brass Seacocks
- 1 x Stainless Steel Snaphook
- 1 x Stainless Steel Eye
- 1 x 1.5 Lit Epoxy & Hardener
- 1 x Hank of 8mm Bungy
- 1 x Deck Scrubber – For the missus 😉
- 6 x Large Fenders
- 6 x Fender ropes
So there’s a few more things ticked off an ever increasing list but still a huge amount of stuff needed before we can sail away. We’ll get there though.