Backbone Templates Done
The first solid days work done today. Spent a few hours making a shelf for the tool store and sorting that out plus a big cleanup tonight but I’m putting 6 hours down to the build. I first re-checked measurements on the lofted out drawing and then when I was happy started re-drawing it all again on the 2.44 x 1.22 hardboard sheets. I did one section at a time and got good results until I got to the last section near the stern. It took three attempts to get it right. I struggled getting a nice curve on the bottom edge and although the first two weren’t far off I am not settling for second rate work. After all the whole point of cutting the templates was to avoid mistakes with expensive 18mm marine ply. Anyway it was third time lucky and I now have a full set of backbone templates.
A day off tomorrow as I have chores to do and a family event in the afternoon. I may start cutting real bits of Gleda next!