Back To It With Power!
Having lost a couple of nights work due to the power problem I was keen to get something done today whilst I had some daylight. When I got to the barn I found one of the guys working in the shop and he remembered where the circuit breakers were and I got power back! After sweeping out the leaves and debris from the last few days of wild weather I had a really productive 3 hours mixing up epoxy using the new scales which work brilliantly, and I got the hullside flange fixed in place as well as the skeg and keel doublers. I’ve used stainless steel screws to keep everything where it should be while the epoxy goes off and I shall leave them in place. Out of curiosity I used my super accurate laser measuring device to check the distance between bulkhead 1 and bulkhead 7, on the plans its 7.99m, the laser measured an actual 7.996m I’ll live with that! Tomorrow I should be able to fix the bulkhead guides and glass the stem and stern joints, then I’ll be ready to give the whole thing two coats of epoxy. I want to take advantage of the unseasonably warm (12-13’C) weather. I’ll post some photos tomorrow.