977Hrs – Good Progress
A pleasing work session today leaving me with a nice feeling of satisfaction. The glued up scarf joints on the stringers cured nicely and after a bit of planing they mostly looked fine. I took some time to check the full lengths looking for any signs of splitting because I had a couple of problems with the lower stringers. I spotted a couple of places that looked suspect so i syringed in some epoxy to strengthen them up. Thanks to Scott for his idea of using light cord from the ceiling to help support them when I come to position them. I will look at that. I then moved on to gluing in the main bulkheads. I took my time, using a carborundum disk to get back to a nice clean ply in the areas to be glued, drawing in centre lines and using those and a spirit level to make sure everything was perfectly positioned. I then mixed up small batches of epoxy glue and worked my way through one at a time. I got all the starboard hull bulkheads glued and all the port hull one prepped ready to glue. What a difference a bit of warm dry weather can make to productive boat building.