938Hrs – Breezy Day
Although still quite warm and dry the wind has been quite strong and gusty today and my poly canopy has been moving about quite a lot! I returned to work in the toilet and shower compartment and tried to get my head around a sequence of work. It’s actually a bit messy because I can’t fit the locker floor and bearers until I’ve painted and I can’t paint until I’ve filleted and I can’t fillet until I’ve fitted the new bulkhead and floor and I can’t fit them until I’ve epoxy coated them… you get the picture! So working methodically I got the necessary bits epoxy coated to start the process. I then moved onto the new upper bulkhead No 2/3 and cut it out with a nice size circular access hole. There really wasn’t a lot I could do in the toilet and shower compartment after that so I moved my attention to the stemheads. You may recall that I wanted them to have a unique shape but despite quite a lot of web surfing I really hadn’t seen anything that appealed. Anyway I spent some time marking out the shape that couldn’t be altered and then just played around with the top, drawing different shapes until I found something I liked. I hit on something and went for it and now have two nicely shaped stemheads temporarily mounted. Unfortunately I can’t post any piccys tonight but I’ll put them up tomorrow. I finished off the session by temporarily mounting the stern posts as well. I have to say that Gleda is really beginning to look impressive!