919Hrs – Feel The Width
Last night I studied the build plans and found the distance between the centreline of each hull …. 4.6m. When I got to the barn tonight I measured between the hulls and got 3.3m, when I turned the hulls back in December I had scaled off the Wharram study drawing to give me the distance between hulls and it turns out that the drawing wasn’t to scale! So with a scaffold pole lever and a shoulder to the hulls I gradually pushed them out to roughly the right distance apart, wow what a difference, she’s huge! I still have some working space around the outside but my work space between the hulls has grown some! I put it to use cutting out the 18mm rudder heads and final coating the three 12mm bulkhead ply sheets. I finished off by starting to mark out the upper stem heads. I want to find a nice shape for these as they are so prominent, The standard ones are ok but I fancy something unique to Gleda. Some web research needed methinks.