843Hrs – Onwards & Upwards
I have had a good work session today and have glued in the bow locker floor, forward bunk floor and dinette seating. I spent time making sure everything fitted tightly and on the level before mixing up the adhesive. The trickiest was the dinette seating as I had to pull the ‘wobble’ out with the ratchet straps. I’d forgotten that when I did my test run the straps were underneath the seating ply and today when I started to pull things together with the ratchet straps on top I quickly realised that they were pulling the ply out of position so I had to hastily screw some blocks to the stringers to take the pressure off. That caused a bit of panic for a while but all went well eventually.
It’s nice to start making these big sections part of the boat and she’s really beginning to move towards being a boat and away from being just two big empty canoes!
I have also noticed that the hull is getting to feel a lot stiffer and ‘solid’ with less and less flex and movement when I step in and out.