633Hrs – Head Down
I made a proper re-start tonight and got into the port hull stern compartment backbone and stem fillets. To give added strength the gaps right down in the bottom of the hulls, between the hullsides and backbone and sternpost are filleted i.e. filled with a thickened epoxy mix. Where accessible these fillets will be glassed over. Without realising it I’ve started on the most difficult ones to access because everything pulls together so much at the bow and stern tapers. I used a combination of poly bag with corner cut off and a syringe to get the epoxy in without making too much mess. I then covered where I could with peelply. I will need to add a second layer when the first has cured a bit. These compartments will ultimately be sealed with a watertight access hatch so neatness is not paramount but I want to get my techniques right for other more visible areas.