509Hrs – Ghosting Along
I’m still being very cautious and careful. I have an inexplicable fear of this filler coat application. I mixed up another small batch tonight and applied it to the bow section of one hull using a steel float trowel. I spent some time experimenting with different trowel angles and pressures trying to get a good feel. It was relatively easy to get a ‘scratch’ coat that just filled the irregularities, but much more difficult to get a smooth consistent coat of any thickness. I ended up overworking it and as can be seen in the photo got a less than ideal finish. I’ll see how it rubs down tomorrow.