493.5Hrs – Hard Slog!
The last few days have been by far the hardest of this project to date. Today I was determined to catch up on my short day yesterday which meant finished the stern section of the port hull and getting one side of the starboard hull completed. I did it, but it was a 10 hour slog. I made a mistake yesterday, I used some PeelPy that had creased on the roll, I thought it would still lay smooth on the epoxy but it didn’t and it left me with a lot of small surface lumps. OK they will Surform off but it’s annoying. For some reason today things just didn’t seem to ‘flow’ today. There seemed to be more air bubbles in the glass twill that required heavy use of the squeegee to remove, the PeelPly (uncreased this time) didn’t want to smooth out, and I just didn’t feel relaxed about the whole job. I persisted though and I still think I’ve done a reasonable job but I won’t really know until I pull the PeelPly tomorrow. I will finish the last side of the starboard hull tomorrow and am looking forward to a day of rest on Sunday. Thanks to Chris for his comment about the corner roller. It’s too late for this stage but I’ll certainly look into it.