441Hrs – Getting Close to Sheathing
A long hard day today but I have achieved all I had in mind and then some. I finished sanding and then washed the hulls and the floor down with water to remove and kill the dust. It really is horrible stuff and personal protection is very important, at one point when I was sanding I looked up towards the barn entrance and I could see thousands of tiny glass particles twinkling in the sunlight as they floated in the air. After the cleanup I added the last pieces of glass reinforcing to the skegs and then started pondering the sheathing. I want to be able to apply the 200g glass twill lengthways down the hulls. I think I will get a better result with less joints. The roll is 1.2m (4ft) wide and pretty heavy, working alone it would be impossible to handle, so I figure some sort of holder will be required. As usual I made it up as I went along and using a piece of scaffold pole I found in the yard and some jointed timber baulks I have constructed the basis for a holder. It will need some modifications but I think I can make it work.