403Hrs – A Good Day
I scrubbed round trying inject any more epoxy into the rudder mount holes because I couldn’t get the needle into the holes! When I took off the retaining plates I found that all the holes had filled really well with only a couple of air bubbles. I opened these out with a small drill and filled them with a thickened mix of epoxy and, at the same time used it to fair off the rebates. I’m really pleased with the results and I have now have confidence that I have considerably reduced the risk of rot in these vulnerable places. I will wait for at least a week for the epoxy to really harden before drilling the proper 7mm holes.
I spent the rest of the day sanding all the glass reinforcing, smoothing edges and giving both hulls a good going over. Trust me to spend one of the few gorgeous hot sunny days of this summer inside wearing a full dust suit, hat and face mask!
Tomorrow I will give the hulls a good wash down with water to prepare them for the second session of glass reinforcing.
I will need to order some more diagonal cut mat next week.