3820Hrs – Cooking On Gas
Ok I didn’t focus quite as I envisaged today but I was productive none the less. Given that the job was for the most part finished I decided to complete the galley oven gas fitting before moving into the main cabin.
It didn’t take too long and I had everything routed and firmly fixed in place. I need to get hold of some leak detector to make absolutely sure the job is sound but I was happy enough to test the oven before turning everything off again.
Once that was out of the way it was back to the job I should have been doing. I decided to build in a drawer unit next to the companionway. To speed things up I’m using some redundant plastic bin drawers cleared out from the house. It took me quite a while to cut the two side panels so that they fitted nicely to the hull sides but they’re now epoxied in place and ready to take the shelves. It all looks a bit rough right now but it’ll be nice.