3738Hrs – Oscar The Dinghy
I spent most of the morning painting again then decided to start work on ‘Oscar’, that’s the name Gail’s chosen for the dinghy.
I’d stripped the paint off ages back so once I had her up on trestles I got a good saturation coat of epoxy into the wood and then followed that up with glass twill and more epoxy. That should give ‘Oscar’ a good hard shell that will stand up to the inevitable abuse she’ll get being dragged up on shore and ‘Gleda’s ramp.
I also spent some time in the main sleeping cabin trying to get a handle on where and what storage I need to build in. Once again I’m working with a blank canvas to some extent and I don’t want to overdo things, but on the other hand some decent storage is going to be needed from day one.
I’ll ponder things over the next few days as I need to prepare the masts for welding later this week. I’ve ordered a couple of LED masthead lights so I’ll have everything I need to get the masts done.