3694Hrs – F…..ing Day
Yes I finally got round to it and had a filleting day today. What can I tell you? I mixed epoxy, I applied epoxy and repeat ….. Actually I cut and fitted four internal beam trough reinforcing plates as well, you can see one in the photo below above the round hatch into the bow compartment. That’s as exciting as it got.
As some of you may have spotted, my other half has started her own blog here on the site. I can guarantee that she’ll be giving her own perspective on the ‘Gleda’ Project and I’m sure it’ll be an entertaining read for those seeking something different from my ‘today I built a bit more boat’ posts. That said, in just eight weeks time ‘Gleda’ will be sitting at Weir Quay and the beginning of the project will be drawing to a close, rest assured I’ll be continuing to blog here as the adventure really begins. If you haven’t seen Gails’ blog check out the ‘Landgirl Afloat’ page HERE. For those that have read her first post I have a couple of corrections. I didn’t specifically call her a bus, I was referring to females generally and it was 5 litres of scrumpy not 1 litre!