3649Hrs – More F In Fillets
Today I swapped sides and started work on the port side forward cabin. There’s a little less to think about in this area because it’s basically just a single berth.
I’ve not worked in this part of the boat since way back when so there were a few nasty surprises when I realised what hadn’t been done, in particular loads of filleting.
Although I’d filleted and painted the watertight compartment up in the bow before the deck was glued on, the stringers on the underside still needed doing. They’ve got to be the most awkward and difficult place to access on the entire boat. It took me a couple of horrible hours to get the job done and at the end of it I had epoxy in my hair and aches in every limb.
It was actually a relief to move aft out of such a confined space and fillet under and around the beam trough and to glass the hull joints.
I’m going to have to bite the bullet and just dig in for the next couple of days because there’s still a lot left to do nit to mention making and fitting the steps.
The steering box I grabbed off eBay arrived today. I think it’s usable although I’ll need to find a new shaft as the one that came with it doesn’t fit my wheel. Another job on my list.