363 Hrs – Straightening Keels
I’m pleased with the work I have done on the starboard keel and it now looks fine, that said it was not too bad to start with as I spotted the mistake after making the first (port) backbone. This original one is going to take some additional work to get it right. I managed to build it with a bit of an ‘S’ shape so its a case of planing down high spots and filling low spots to get somewhere close. I’ve made a start and can already see some improvement. I also did some more smoothing and rounding of the section aft of the keel and around the skeg. It would be very easy to rush this part of the job but I know the final results will depend to a great extent on the time I invest now.