360 Hrs – Bow & Keel
I spent about an hour tonight smoothing and rounding the stem and bow section, thoughts then turned to a minor problem that I noticed some time ago and that has continued to bug me. When I made up the keel backbones on the floor I failed to notice that the floor was not completely flat. As a result the backbones have a very slight curve in them that aligning the hull did not completely remove. Although this curve will all but disappear when the hulls are glassed and faired I would rather get rid of them now rather than at the finishing stage. I have screwed a straight 45mm wide batten to the keel perfectly aligned fore and aft which give me a clear visual reference to work to so that I can plane back and fill in the right places to straighten things out. In the photo you can see the skeg sticking up dead centre of the batten.
I wanted to see the hull the right way up!