3575Hrs – Tiller Bar & Bungee
I unclamped the second tiller and got that planed down nice and smooth, then got the two pieces of Ash that make up the ‘T’ section tiller bar glued together.
It took a while to get everything straight and clamped up but all went smoothly.
I spent some time tatting about with the seacocks, seeing where they would fit, checking hose sizes and stuff, nothing constructive really.
For no reason other than I felt like it I then started playing with the hatches. I cut and fitted neoprene seal to both forward hatches and the aft gas locker hatch, then fitted stainless eyes and bungee to them all.
Although the bungee pulls down pretty tightly I’ll need to add some sort of mechanical fixing to the forward hatches so that I can pull them down really tight and get a good seal.
Here’s the gas locker lid:
I fitted an extra eye to the gas locker lid so that it can be ‘hinged’ on the bungee therefore eliminating the risk of it being blown or dropped overboard.
Tomorrow I want to get the tillers and tiller bar lined up and sorted.