3382Hrs – On The Case
A good work session today and I made some decent progress with the mast case. Not terribly exciting to talk about but I got the final two side sections glued in place, cut the holes which take the forward deck supports and glued two slightly oversize Douglas Fir strengtheners to the underside of the case.
After the failure experienced by Daniel on ‘Marabu’ (Details HERE), and the weakness under the mast that Jacques discovered on ‘Pilgrim’, I’m going out of my way to build my mast case and tabernacle as strong as I can.
Photo shows the work I’ve done today;
Thanks for all the comments on last nights post, I’ll be talking to the boatyard next week with a view to firming up a date for transporting ‘Gleda’ down there and scheduling a launch date. If all goes well I’d expect it to be late May or early June but rest assured I’ll let everyone know as soon as I can. Oh and congratulations to Luke on the start of his build, great to see another Tiki 38 on the way!