3297Hrs – Port Engine Box Together
Another cold day and the forecast is for temperatures to continue falling. I’ll keep going as long as I can but if the daytime temperatures fall much further I’ll have to switch to working inside the hulls.
Today I’ve managed to get the port engine box construction pretty much finished, it took a while to figure out exactly what went where and I confess that making a box with one side lower than the other has really thrown me, and I don’t think the drawings for these boxes are particularly clear.
Anyway I worked it all out and then got everything glued and filleted. I’m not sure I did the right thing drilling the mounting holes while the boxes were just loosely screwed together, I’m pretty sure I’ll have to mark and re-drill the fixing holes when I offer them up next time.
I’m also wondering if I can come up with a way of fitting some rubber bushes in the holes so as to reduce the engine vibrations into the beams and hulls.