3210Hrs – Side Lockers Assembled, Rudders Up Next
Today I plugged on with the side lockers and ended my work session with both of them glued together ready for final finishing.
Nothing particularly exciting about the work today, I just worked methodically pre-cutting all the remaining timber pieces, mixing up the epoxy, and then pinning everything together.
Here’s the end result.
Even when they’re finished I’m not sure I’ll be able to fit them until the boat is assembled before launch. Although I’ve made them to fit nicely in the space between the hulls and deck pod it struck me today that the outward slope of the deck pod sides might make dropping them in from the top very difficult. I might screw one in place temporarily and try but if not it’s no big deal, there will be quite a few bits and pieces that can’t be fitted until she’s been transported.
I mentioned yesterday that I was going to sequence work from stern to stem from now on and I realised today that if I was going to do this then I’d missed a couple of rather important bits….. the rudders!
I cut the 18mm ply shapes right back at the beginning of the build and they’ve been gathering dust ever since, so I dug the pieces out and got them on the bench ready for my next work session.
Still loads to do before I can really see the end and 2013 is hurtling towards a close……. best crack on.