314 Hrs – Last Lower Hullsides Cut
Another productive night. I got all the remaining 8 lower hullside panels cut out and then set out the 8 panels that are joined in pairs to make up the stern and bow sections. I cut out all the necessary diagonal cut matting pieces, sanded back the epoxy to the width of the mat to give a good key, laid polythene strips beneath the joints to prevent them sticking to the floor, then, after giving them a good coat of neat epoxy, glued up the end joints with a filled adhesive mix. I’ve left them weighted down flat tonight so that tomorrow I can crack on with glassing the joints. That will line me up ready to start the big job of dry fitting the panels at the weekend. Again I am noticing how much quicker I am doing these jobs than on the first hull, the lessons learned are still fresh in the mind and I am benefiting enormously.