3064Hrs – A Record Run
I’ve now worked on ‘Gleda’ for 15 of the last 17 days, 106 hours of work in total.
When I started this run of work ‘Gleda’ just had holes in the hulls where the hatches would be, now all the coamings are fitted and all the hatches and hinging/sliding mechanisms are constructed.
Today I got the first coat of white topcoat on them all which means that by the middle of next week they’ll be back fitted to the boat and ticked off as completed.
I’ve also built and finished two dorade vents, fitted 4 other through deck ventilators and fitted the last 3 perspex fixed ports.
The bank account is looking a bit sad because I haven’t been earning but I plan to continue this run for another week and see where I am after that.
All in all I’m feeling pretty good about things right now, the universe is being kind and this time next year I’ll have been afloat for a couple of months…. can’t wait!