2815Hrs – Much Needed Colour
Well it hasn’t felt much like June today. We’ve had numerous torrential downpours, it’s been windy, and after getting soaked whilst trying to fix my car I ended up shivering and had to retire to the cabin with the heater and a cuppa to warm up!
I love this country dearly but is a few months of decent Summer weather too much to ask? Right now it seems so.
Fixing the brakes on my car did as suspected suck up most of the day. I shan’t bore you with the details but I find it incredible that I used to spend most of my time working on cars, earning a living as a mechanic by day and building rally cars by night. Now I’m looking forward to that day when the only transport I need is a Tiki 38 and a folding bicycle!
Anyway I’m mobile again now and I did manage a couple of hours painting the beams. First I flipped them over , got the Apollo HVLP kit out again and finished off with the white top coat. When that was done I couldn’t resist getting the primrose out and painting the end caps and the outboard sides of the forward and rear beams.
Sorry Jon, I didn’t see your comment until tonight and yes I did ask. I will always value the opinion of others but as I’ve proved today I can’t guarantee to take any notice!
As it happens I think the addition of a bit of colour has really set the beams off a treat. It’ll be good to see how they look when I get them back in the troughs.
Here’s the forward beam.
And the aft beam, the lugs you can see are where the stern ramp hinges.
And finally here’s a shot of a couple of the end caps.