2643Hrs – Good Day
I put in a solid eight hours today and have got the galley and saloon area all ready for painting.
There was a lot of messy sanding and routing to do due mainly to my somewhat sloppy working methods, I’m improving but it’s taken me a long while to realise that it’s far far easier to clean excess epoxy away before it’s gone off than after!
It took me a good few hours to get everything smoothed up to my satisfaction and then I had a big cleanup, removing all the tools I’ve been using these past weeks, sweeping and vacuuming and then finally wiping everything down with a damp cloth to get rid of the dust.
Once that was done I cut a couple of pieces of 12mm ply for the bulkhead doublers where the beam bolts go and got those epoxied on and then lastly I cut a couple of small notches in the galley worktops to take the cooker locating lugs so that the cooker now sits nicely in place.
A final quick cleanup and I’m ready to wallop on the first coat of white primer/undercoat tomorrow.