2620Hrs – Plan B Starts Here
First off I’d like to thank everyone who left comments on my last post, as always I’m humbled by your support and it has helped me enormously to re-focus and to get started on Plan B. Thanks guys.
It’s been a crazy week since I last posted with some family issues and paid work taking up most of my time. It’s been a bit frustrating not to have been working on ‘Gleda’ but in hindsight I think that having a bit of time away has helped freshen me up and an added bonus is that the weather is at last beginning to turn, today was the first day this year that I’ve been able to work at the barn without my fingers and toes aching with cold.
I’ve continued with the boxing in of the water tank filler and breather pipes where they run up the corner of the saloon seating area. I’m pretty much making it up as I go along so it’s a little slow but I’m getting there. My main aim is to cover the pipes, to retain some access and to avoid any sharp corners for heads and elbows.
I’ve cut a piece of ply for the bottom section and epoxied in a bit of a framework ready for the upper section.
After that I got the water tank into position, fitted all the connectors and connected the pipework. I need to find a better way of connecting the retaining straps together so I’ve just knotted them for now.
Once the tank was in position I was able to fix some support brackets and cut a piece of ply to blank off the tank compartment.
Part of my family commitment last week was filling a skip with stuff from a house clearance, whilst I was there I dismantled an old desk and I salvaged the top thinking it might make a half decent saloon table. After establishing that it would just fit through the companionway I got it roughly in position supported on a few lengths of timber cut to the right heights, it looks OK.
I’m thinking of cutting it about a third of the way in to make a drop leaf with the rest permanently fixed to the hullside. I’ll play around and ponder a bit longer but I think it will work really well.