2594Hrs – Tanking Along
After a couple of days away from the build I was keen to get back to work today. There’s no sign of Spring arriving anytime soon and it was only just above freezing again this morning so I opted to continue working on the galley water tank.
First job was to cut out the holes on the tank for the inspection/access hatch, the filler, the breather vent and the outlet. I wanted to do this first so I could dry fit everything prior to epoxying the tank support floor in place. In the event it was a wise move as I hadn’t allowed quite enough clearance for the pipework on top so had to lower the support floor by about 20mm.
I took my time cutting out all the holes, very aware that getting it wrong might mean scrapping an expensive water tank. All went well though and I was able to crack on and glue the support floor in place and then drop in the tank to make sure it was in the right position.
While I had the hole cutters out I also fitted the deck filler and breather vent into the cabin top and tumblehome.
To finish off the day I had a play with the sink and taps. Again care was needed to mark out and cut the additional holes for the Whale hand pumps and the bases needed a bit of modification to fit nicely. I’ve set the pumps at their lowest height so that there is sufficient clearance under the shelf above the sink for them to be operated without banging the back of your hand.
Because I’ve used a decent sized sink there’s still plenty of room to get the kettle underneath though.