2588Hrs – Working In And Out
As seems to be becoming the norm these days I mixed the jobs up a bit again today. It was freezing first thing so I opted to work down below first and decided to have a play with the galley water tank.
Obviously I’d already measured things up pretty well before ordering the tanks so I knew it would fit, it was just a case of marking the position out carefully and then cutting the plywood.
I’m fitting the tank into an additional locker that I built in way back when. It’s not on the plans but as luck would have it the dimensions I chose are just about right for the tank. Basically I’ll just have to make a new lid which will be accessible under the saloon seat cushions.
The picture below shows the stages. As you can see I also cut out an access underneath the tank, I don’t want any pipe fitting in places I can’t get to and the space is big enough to keep a couple of extra 5 litre water containers for emergency top-ups. Having this space also means I’ll be able to spot any leaks immediately.
I also made up the floor which will support the tank, added a strengthener, and painted the underside of it. I’ll epoxy it in place tomorrow.
By the time I’d done all this the temperature had gone up a bit so I opted for a change of scene and moved back outside the hull to put a coat of epoxy primer on all the lashing strake spacers and the beam pads. Eventually these will all be painted primrose to match the hull.