2310Hrs – Cooker Space
I’ve continued work on the galley today, I’ve got the cooker shelf in place, added some uprights to the cupboard frames and also cut the two plywood worktops.
Thanks for the suggestions about worktop materials, I’ve looked at quite a few options now but they’re all way to expensive or simply not the right thing. I’ve decided I’m over complicating things, I’ll use 12mm ply, put a nice radius on the top edge and find something to finish it with later, possibly formica or a some sort of coating.
Continuing my theme of working upwards I made and fixed the cooker shelf after spending a bit of time working out the correct height so that the cooker sits flush to the worktops. I decided to wallop on some paint in the space underneath before I fitted the shelf so as to save nigh on impossible contortions with a paint brush later. I’ll fit plywood sides to the uprights tomorrow so as to ‘box’ in the cooker, I’m thinking I might line the whole thing with stainless steel afterwards.