230 Hrs – Port Lower Hullsides
Good progress today, I got all the port hull lower hullsides dry fitted and, for a short while at least, had a recognisable hull.
Once the hullsides were in place I got underneath and marked out the positions of the bulkheads and stringers on the inside of the hullside panels, then I added some temporary ply buttstraps (see photo below) to the outside of the four joints that will be glassed before fitting properly. Once that was done I was able to remove all the panels and reduce the hull back to a skeleton. The photos below show the markings which allow the epoxy to be sanded back in the right places to get a good bond.