2208Hrs – Clearing Vision
A good day today although as it turned out I didn’t actually do any of the hull filling I’d planned. I decided to get the 45mm x 45mm glued onto both sides of the short mast beam which I did. No scarfing involved here because my stock timber was plenty long enough!
I’ve now got all four beams ready for the 25mm planks to be fitted.
Once that was done I was able to take a sledge hammer to the temporary beam building floor I’d epoxied to the barn floor as it was a bit in the way and is now redundant. When that was out of the way I set to with the broom and ended up re-stacking my stock timber, sweeping up the whole barn and having a much needed general tidy up.
I also vacuumed months of accumulated dust and muck out of both main cabins and then finished off having a play with the galley layout. The photo shows the sink and cooker in roughly the right positions and I can now visualise things a lot better.
Now I have a nice clean workspace I’m properly ready to start some more filling, hopefully tomorrow.