2038Hrs – All Hullsides Sheathed
It was a thoroughly miserable day weatherwise, very heavy rain and a chilly breeze blowing through the barn. It would have been easy to scrub round the work session but I was determined to get the final four sections of the hullsides sheathed so that’s what I did. I also spent some time with the angle grinder cleaning up the edges of the bow section sheathing applied yesterday
I’ve now run out of glass twill and the resin is running low so I also placed an order with my supplier which should be delivered before the weekend. The order totalled something over £800 but it should be the last large lot of epoxy related materials that I need to complete the build. The next big outlay will be on paint but that’s for next month.
Once my supplies arrive I’ll crack on with sheathing the decks, cabin tops and tumblehomes. I’ve got enough resin and glass tape left to add an extra protective layer to the bows and sterns so I’ll get that done over the next couple of days. I also need to have a clear out in the epoxy shack, it’s a tip!
This photo was taken in the middle of the day not early evening!