1832Hrs- Filleting Still
I had a mild panic this morning when I got to the boat and found that the second coat of paint I’d put on the forward watertight compartment was still wet, but it didn’t take long to realise why. The wind dropped overnight and there was quite a bit of fog around this morning… high humidity and lack of air movement are not terribly conducive to drying out a water-based paint! So I fired up my little fan heater and got some warm dry air blowing into the compartment and by the time I’d had a cup of tea the paint was already touch dry!
I needed the paint dry so that I could close the watertight hatch prior to some sanding of the heavily filled joints between deck/tumblehomes and hullsides, I didn’t want to get my nice fresh paint all messed up. Once the sanding was finished I had another good vacuum up before mixing more epoxy for the final layer of glass tape over the two joints. This went on without problem and I was also able to finish all the other filleting. I just have the two joints between upper and lower hullsides to glass then I can give everything a final sand, clean up again and then start slapping more paint on.