1739Hrs – Great Progress
I’ve had a really good day today and made some great progress with the starboard cabin top. I cut and fixed all the longitudinal strengtheners, cut and fixed all the polystyrene and weighted everything down. This means I just have to glue the last sheet 0f 4mm plywood in place and I’ll have the first cabin top pretty much completed.
I did spend a bit of time this morning pondering where to put extra strengtheners to take the hatch fixings. As I hinted at yesterday I’ve decided to use a non-Wharram method that’s been used by Scott Williams on his Tiki 26. Rather than try and explain it I thought it easier to show you a couple of pictures. My thanks to Scott for the idea and I hope he doesn’t mind me pinching his pictures!. All credit to him. CLICK HERE to visit his site and see them as they were originally posted. If you visit his pages you’ll also see him using a great method to install Perspex portlights…. I’ll be pinching that idea as well 😉