1733Hrs- Started Starboard Cabin Top
I finished off the mould construction today and then, after more careful studying of the plans, set too getting the first transverse strengtheners glued in place. The plan study was necessary because I want to ensure that I have solid timber forming the sides of the main companionway openings and also for the hatch fixings. I’ve got an idea for the hatch opening mechanism that’s different from the Wharram sliders and I’ll tell you more about that next time, it will be a lot easier to have solid timber in place for the fixings than to try and dig out and replace polystyrene later. Anyway I got four strengtheners in place without breaking any. There’s quite a bend on these as you can see in the photo. Oh and thanks to Jacques for telling me now that he actually used the same mould for both cabin roof and cabin tops! It’s a bit late now! Ah well to be honest I’d probably have re-made the mould anyway because. as I said, I wasn’t 100% happy with it.