1668Hrs – Time & Tumblehomes
It’s happened again, a little over two weeks just disappeared without a tap being done on the boat. I can look back and say it was unavoidable because we went down to Cornwall for a few days, I was busy working on my business etc. etc. and it’s all true but the reality is that it keeps happening and if it keeps happening then my launch date will keep getting pushed further and further away….. I’m not going to let that happen. To be honest this time management issue affected everything, I have 5 important areas of my life I need to keep making progress with and Gleda is just one of them. I’ve written more on my Dream To Sail blog and I’ll be expanding more in future blog posts but all I’ll say here is that I’ve made some serious changes and from now on I’ve scheduled at least 2 full days a week on Gleda with some extra flexible time available as well. This means I should be able to make some steady progress from here on in.
Today I spent some time getting reacquainted with the tumblehomes. I confess I’ll be very very glad to see the back of them, for me they’ve been the most frustrating part of the build so far. As I said before, when I dropped the cabin roof into place I could see that the second set of tumblehomes I’d cut months ago still didn’t fit so today I’ve re-cut two of them and made two new ones and I now have a full set of properly fitting tumblehomes on the starboard hull. After dry fitting them I manhandled the cabin roof back down onto the floor and turned it upside down so that I can sand and epoxy the inside before it’s fitted. It’s a big section to handle on your own and I was scared silly I’d drop it but with a bit of care and a lot of sweat I got it down OK.