1612Hrs- Four Tumblehomes On
Another heavy session today but I wanted to keep up the momentum and get the four tumblehomes in place. Before I started on them though I took a bit of time to finish and clean up the deck section themselves. A little bit of planing was needed to get the forward and aft edges nice and flush with the beam troughs and there were a few blobs of stray epoxy to get rid of. After that it was simply a case of working methodically, one section at a time, prepping, gluing, temporarily screwing and then cleaning up each tumblehome until I had all four glued in place. Now I’ve done that I can have some fun rounding off edges and strengthening the edges with glass tape. I’m going to leave all the interior fillets and strengthening for now as I want to concentrate on the outside of the hull during the Summer. My aim is to get the hulls fully enclosed and hopefully sheathed before the Winter weather returns (I know, but you have to think about these things!). My reasoning is that I will then be able to work inside the hulls, with heating if necessary, and not be slowed by poor weather.