1572Hrs First Deck Glued
It’s quite a time consuming job putting these decks together. It’s important to make sure that there’s plenty of glue used and given that each batch of epoxy has to be mixed with Silicell, Micro Balloons and Treecell and that it needs 8 x 200g batches per layer that’s quite a lot of hand mixing. At least it’s getting me back into practice quickly!
Anyway the strengtheners and polystyrene had stuck down nicely and after a light sand down to make sure everything was clean and flush I was able to get all the epoxy mixed and spread and drop on the second (interior) layer of 4mm plywood. The only slight problem was that the copper nails I was using just kept bending everytime I tried to hammer one in so I ended up using my trusty deck screws. They go in easily, pull everything tight and are easy to remove afterwards. Looking forward to Monday when I can pull everything off the mould and see what I’ve got!