1434Hrs- Good Evening
I pushed things a bit tonight and put in a three hour session. I was in the groove and wanted to finish off these deck sections and sternposts that I’ve been working on for what seems like ages. The sanding and shaping went well, aided by the addition of some fresh 40grit to my belt sander! I spent a bit of time shaping the port sternpost cheeks to match the starboard one and then measured and marked the positions for the lashing holes. There are four of these holes and I shaped them by drilling two 25mm diameter holes side by side, almost touching, and then joining the holes together by cutting out the connecting timber with my Fein Multimaster. I finished them off with a small drum sander. I am really pleased with the results. After a good sweep off I dropped the stern tube into place to check the fit. I had sanded the semi-circular location cuts to increase their size by about 5mm to allow for the glassing and rubber pads that will come later. The tube dropped in perfectly. I’m knackered but pleased to have completed the job. Next on my list are the two smaller section of stern decking.