Having waited so long for my timber I was itching to put it to use tonight, so I picked out 8 nice lengths of 19mm x 45mm to make up the outer hull stringers. These stringers run the full lengths of the hull along the top of the upper hull side panels. They add extra strength and width where the decks join the hulls. Having asked for long length stock I was pleased that they had sent 6m plus lengths as this means I only have to make one scarf joint to get the full hull lengths. My previous stock was shorter and I had to make two joints per length. Anyway I’m well practiced with these joints now so out came the power plane and an hour later I had eight nice joints ready to glue. I spent a bit of time getting the pieces positioned correctly with polythene underneath to stop them sticking to the barn floor, then, after pre-coating with neat epoxy I made up a fibre filled glue mix and got them all glued, clamped and weighted. I’ll leave them until the weekend to allow the epoxy to set well before getting them fixed to to the hulls.