1275Hrs- Rudder Mounts Done
A good work session today on a cold but bright day. The epoxy filled holes had cured enough to drill the 8mm holes accurately through the centre of the 10mm oversized holes plugged yesterday. It was very satisfying to see nice epoxy swarf coming off the drill. I then spent a bit more time with the Fein Multimaster to tidy the rebates up then followed on with some sanding to round off the edges nicely. It was then back to heavy sanding with the belt sander to get some decent shape into the stems. Lots of dust again! Anyway I’m happy now that I’ve completed all the outside work on the upper hullsides I can do for now. I’ll move inside next and start on the miles of filleting there is to do in there. I also need to quantify my stock of timber and ply so that I can see what’s needed for the next major stage of starting the decks and cabin sides/roof. For today I finished off by giving the barn yet another major sweep and clean up.