1264Hrs- Pointy Bits
I was pleased with the chine strip fillets when I removed the peel ply today, so, to continue with work on the outside of the hulls I decided to get the stems and sterns to the stage of being ready to receive final filler (whenever that may be). I’d already started to get some shape into them but I spent some considerable time with plane and sander to get them as nice as I could before needing first filler. Following on from my previous experience with peel ply I decided to use it again here. After giving the areas a tack coat of neat epoxy I made up a filled mix and roughly plastered it on with a pallet knife. Having cut an appropriately sized piece of peel ply I was then able to wrap it over the wet epoxy, pull it tight and use a plastic spatula and roller to smooth and shape the underlying epoxy filler to the right shape. I find this much easier than working directly on the epoxy and certainly much easier than sanding afterwards.