1257Hrs- Chine Strip Fillets
A new start today in terms of balancing the opportunity to bank building time with the need to reconcile my finances (didn’t take long!) and spending time taking stock of my situation and considering options. I reckon that even without any income I can, with care, continue for two months living as I am now. There won’t be any money for boatbuilding materials but I think I have enough in stock to sustain a few months work. I figure that if no job opportunities in my chosen profession have appeared in the next few weeks then they aren’t likely to for some time. I will then have to completely re-evaluate my needs and seek alternative employment in a lower paid, maybe manual, job and take whatever action I need to keep the build going. In the meantime I work as hard as I can on the boat and take the opportunity to go through my place top to bottom clearing out accumulated crap, selling what I don’t need and preparing to move if necessary. Thanks again for the steady flow of comments, they have really given me a big lift these last few days. I’m indebted to you all.
With regard to the build, today I finished off the fillets along the bottom edges of the remaining three chine strips today, the one I’d done yesterday was a bit rough so with the remaining ones I decided to use my 2″ wide peelply to get a better finish and eliminate a lot of awkward sanding. I need to get used to waiting before sanding again though, the temperature has really dropped now and even with fast hardener the epoxy takes days before it sands without clogging the paper.