1241Hrs- Taking Shape
After removing all the temporary screws in the portside chine strips I set too with the plane and sander to chamfer off the bottoms of the upper hull sides and to put some shape into the stem and stern. Remind me again, why did I have a big clean up a few days ago? I certainly created some dust today! I spent most of the day on the task and really enjoyed it. It’s really satisfying turning something rough and ugly into a nice smooth shape. I’m really pleased with the results and I think the angle is just right to deflect water away from the hull without any annoying slap. The port hull is now ready for a nice coat of filler epoxy to fill the screwholes and odd gaps and give a nice smooth finish. I finished off the day prepping the starboard hull and cutting and pilot drilling the remaining chine strips. Tomorrow will be a day of rest I think….I’m knackered!
I just realised that when looking at these photos its hard to tell the stem from the stern ( The stem is the one above).