1195Hrs- Upper Hull Sides Glued
Slightly behind schedule but tonight I got the final two bow sections of the starboard hull glued. I’ve found the fixing of these panels quite stressful but at the same time quite satisfying. Its hard handling these big sheets alone and some improvisation is needed to gain an extra ‘pair of hands’ and knowing that once the adhesive starts to go off, any errors are going to be difficult to rectify brings extra pressure. Anyway they are done now and I can relax a little bit as I move into far less stressful filling of screwholes, filleting, trimming and tidying. My thoughts are also turning to the next stage, I am minded to leave a lot of the internal work until I have the decks on. I want to concentrate on work that really progresses the build towards getting the boat out of the barn and internal fitting out can be done anytime. I’ll see how my material requirements and finances stack up over the next few weeks but for now I have plenty to crack on with.